Doing aromatherapy with scented paraffin candles? Why not switch to beeswax candles? Lessen the hazards from using paraffin candles and add-on the healthy benefits you can get using 100% natural beeswax candles. Soot, smoke and inhalants that come in contact with you during your spa time may be slowly causing us harm. These residues (acetone, formaldehyde, toluene and more dangerous chemicals) are harmful when you use traditional and common scented candles made from paraffin – a petroleum refining by-product. Recent studies show that the health hazards accumulated from inhaling dangerous could cause respiratory diseases and worst, cancer.
A healthy and worry free spa time is all you need. 100% natural beeswax candles actually give off negative ions that help clean the air by removing dust and pollen which are common allergens. And in turn, improve asthma and allergies. Using pure beeswax candles gives you the improved spa treatment you need. Scented candles made with 100% natural beeswax has a lot of benefits as follows:
- Very high melting point, which means longer burn time for your candles.
- Purifies the air by emitting beneficial negative ions to the air while it burns.
- No smoke – no black smoke emission while burning.
- No soot which is the primary trigger for respiratory irritation.
- Cleaner air due to reduced indoor air pollutants.
- Longer burn time compared to soy and paraffin candles
- Brighter light compared to other candles
- Improves asthma and allergies
- Medicinal properties – relieves stress and relaxes tension when burned
- Induced mental clarity and energy fit for meditation.
- No harmful toxic chemicals indoors while you get some relaxation
- Improves sleeping patterns with the relaxing aroma of honey
- Improved energy level, focus, body functions
- Less dripping compared to paraffin candles which are known for excessive dripping
- Best for therapeutic oil infusion for meditation and spa purposes.
And the list goes on. Those little bees really did some magic on their work.
You might think of soy and palm candles which are also organic in composition and also features longer burn time but it doesn’t have medicinal properties like beeswax candles. Soy candles are a better choice than paraffin but if you opt for maximum value for money and health benefits for your home, beeswax candles would win the bout.
Compared to your old soy and paraffin candles, pure beeswax has the advantage, not only for its medicinal and air purifying properties but also for its longer burn time. Soy and paraffin may be cheaper and abundant in supply which is more accessible but if you are after holistic wellness, then beeswax candles would be the best option yet. Just a tip, products labelled with “pure” only contains 51% of the ingredient, look for 100% on the label to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth.
As of now, Canada is the main producer of most of the authentic, pure and organic 100% natural beeswax candles. The product may have a higher cost but with the benefits you can get, health won’t come any cheaper than this. You may add this to your checklist the next time you shop and see the difference yourself.