Beeswax candles are a household name in the market as being one of the healthiest and most eco-friendly candle there is in town. 100% Natural beeswax candles are available in the market with a higher prices but it compensates through the benefits offered.
Beeswax candles are reputed to have several health benefits, including:
- Lower Toxicity: Because beeswax candles are all natural, they do not produce toxic byproducts and heavy soot when burned. Some types of candles produce minute traces of chemicals known to be carcinogenic, but this is not a problem with beeswax candles.
- Neutralizing Pollutants: Beeswax candles produce negative ions when burned, and those ions help to neutralize pollutants in the air. This helps eliminate dust, odors, and mold in the atmosphere, easing allergy and asthma symptoms and improving breathing for anyone nearby.
- Relaxation: The simple act of burning a candle has relaxing properties and can aid in stress relief and meditation. The mildly sweet, natural honey scent of beeswax candles can aid that relaxation without being overwhelming as artificially scented candles can become.
- Safety: Because beeswax candles are all natural and produce no byproducts, they are naturally dripless when used properly and are thus safer to burn. This avoids the risk of burns and other injuries that can result from burning other types of candles improperly.
- Light: Beeswax candles have the brightest, purest light of any candles and are closest to natural sunlight. If the candles are to be used as a light source, this can help minimize eye strain and reduce headaches.
Beeswax is a gift to you from nature. It is the purest and most natural of all waxes including vegetable waxes, with the least amount of processing and no additives. Beeswax is the only wax that is essentially used in its native state, with only filtering for processing. Natural beeswax candles can provide an important ingredient for your healthy home.
Your pure natural beeswax candles are able to do this for you:
- Burn cleaner than others with no sticky, black petroleum based soot.
- Produce negative ions that are natural air cleaners.
- Be slow burning with long burn times.
- Be virtually dripless in a draft free environment.
- Create ambiance with a warm amber glow.
- Will not go rancid.
- Bloom with a frosty appearance that tells you that it is 100% pure beeswax.
- The color of the beeswax is a rich yellow-amber rather than muddy with a grey-green cast.
- There are no visible signs of dirt or impurities.
- The finish has depth with no flakes, cracks, dark wax or white spots.
- The wax is smooth and rich and pleasant to touch.
- The natural beeswax has a gentle, natural honey-like aroma.
- There are no holes or cavities to affect burn quality.
- The wicks are top quality 100% cotton or cotton with a paper twist.
- The candles are handmade with care and attention to detail.
All this is waiting for you and more when you experience burning you burn a beeswax candle. There are a lot of manufacturers and distributors of a 100% pure cappings beeswax candles in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and natural colors. Our candles are handmade in Canada using natural wicks, natural dyes where applicable, pure essential oils only when needed and requested. And absolutely no synthetic fillers or additives.
Our beeswax is sourced only from beekeepers and is processed in-house to ensure the quality and integrity of our raw materials.
Pure Beeswax has many redeeming properties:
- Is a pure, unadulterated fuel.
- Is non-toxic and non-allergenic.
- Has a soft, sweet scent of honey.
- Burns longer than any other fuels, dollar for an hour.
- Has an aromatherapy value that helps with relaxation, de-stressing, and focus.
- Provides negative ions, which help to eliminate dust, odors, toxins and other airborne particles from the air.
If you are worry that our bee homes are preventing pollination don’t worry bees aren’t the only pollinators! This also includes birds, bats, butterflies, beetles, and many other small mammals that pollinate plants. These little creatures sustain our ecosystems and help to sustain our natural resources by helping plants reproduce. Without the actions of pollinators, agricultural economies, our food supply, and surrounding landscapes would collapse.
Beeswax candles offer a honey scent, a golden flame, and the longest, cleanest burn of any candle. But there is much more benefit to beeswax candles compared to paraffin candles that are made from polluted petroleum sludge, or even vegetable-based candles that are a big improvement over paraffin: When beeswax candles burn, they clean the air like a great, natural, air purifier, and they are a link to a deep spiritual belief system. For each pound of beeswax provided by a honey bee, the bee visits 33 million flowers. It eats 10 pounds of honey. It secretes the beeswax from its abdomen, and then uses the wax to construct a honeycomb. Beekeepers recover the wax from the comb by heating it in water where the melted wax rises to the surface and can be removed. Many have written about the wisdom of the beehive, and how burning beeswax puts a person in a special mood of reverence. It is easy to imagine why given that millions of flowers have been visited and pollinated to make anyone beeswax candle!
Other benefits of a beeswax candle are:
1. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
All our candles are handmade using only 100% pure beeswax, they are the clean green alternative to paraffin wax candles as they are free from petrochemicals and pollutants. Beeswax candles emit no nasty toxins when burned but they must be 100% beeswax and free from all additives.
Over time “bloom” may occur on the surface of your candle, this is perfectly safe and natural and are simple oils collecting on the surface. Similar to dark chocolate when refrigerated, bloom tends to occur in cooler weather and will disappear as soon as the weather warms. Some people like the antiquated look it gives their candle or if you prefer you can wipe your candle clean with a stocking or nylon rag, heat gently with a hair dryer or leave in a warm place.
3. NATURAL IONISER
It is claimed that beeswax is a natural ioniser producing negative ions when burned. Negative ions are beneficial to our health by cleaning the air of pollutants and thus improving our air quality. Negative ions are found in natural surroundings such as waterfalls and rainforests the ocean and stormy weather and are the reason why the air is always so invigorating, clean, pure and crisp. Negative ions help circulate oxygen around our bodies making us feel good and literally keeping us young. Negative ions also improve our mood.
4. NATURALLY FRAGRANCED
Beeswax candles contain the purest fragrances nature has to offer as it is sourced purely from the blossoms visited by the bees. When burning your candle you will enjoy the sweet aroma of the pollens and nectars that have been eagerly collected by the worker bees. Generally speaking the darker the beeswax the more fragrance it contains, as the bleaching and filtering processes literally remove the minute traces of honey, pollen, and nectar that give beeswax its unique aroma. There are absolutely no negative health issues when burning pure naturally fragranced beeswax as opposed to candles containing added fragrances. Beeswax is also known to hold its aroma for many decades!
Most candles available on the market today have many ingredients added that are potentially toxic to our health. These additives are to assist the candle maker in producing a candle that is appealing to our senses but on the same note are actually detrimental to our health. An example of this is the addition of fragrance. Many products today only contain fragrance simply to cover up the unappealing odour of the product being marketed, such as fly spray, room deodorant or dish detergent, so by adding these products to your air you are actually polluting it as opposed to cleaning it. The same goes with candles, fragrances are added to cover up either a repulsive or neutral odour and any candle that has fragrance added (whether they be synthetic or essential oils) is toxic when burned.
Paraffin wax candles are made from petrochemicals which are equivalent to breathing in car exhaust fumes – toxic! They also contain a variety of bleaches, hardeners, and colourings to make them appealing to the unaware buyer.
You can be assured our beeswax candles are free from:
- added fragrances
- mould release agents
Carcinogens like benzene and toluene are not found in beeswax candles.
Beeswax has a higher melting point than most waxes and therefore candles made from beeswax will burn longer than those made from paraffin wax. The melting point of beeswax is around 63 degrees celsius.
Burning beeswax candles have the potential of relieving hay fever and asthma by reducing the microscopic particles floating in the air. The negative ions emitted when burning beeswax cling to the positively charged dust particles, pollen, odours, etc. making them heavy so that they drop to the ground. By regular vacuuming, you will gradually reduce these airborne particles from your home and therefore increase the quality of your air. But please remember that certain vacuum cleaners will recirculate dust and therefore positive ions back into the room.
Beeswax is truly a renewable resource. Beeswax primarily used for candles is sourced from the cappings, which is the wax cap that covers the honey. So every time a beekeeper collects honey, wax cappings are also collected to make the beautiful beeswax candles that we are so proud to offer you.
More benefits of the product
Aside from the feature of being natural beeswax candles is having, it will carry itself another set of benefits such as stated above. The variety of benefits stated for lavender plus organic benefits we are getting from the old beeswax candles (the one without lavender oil yet) will make it new and attractive.
Beeswax candles are always a healthier choice it will not harm your family and it will not cause health-related issues. Buy beeswax candles that suit you and your candle needs. Available in different sizes and scents!